Your online visitors are cavemen wanting things to be fast and easy. If not they might go elsewhere to find answers or buy what they are looking for. By using behavioral science you can optimize your conversions from your website or web-shop.
I combine my knowledge of behavioral science with conversion optimization in my talks, and how you can use this combination to get better results online.
- Whether you are in B2C or B2B it is really C2C – Caveman to Caveman – you’re in, says public speaker Jens Balle and continues:
- When selling to consumers or other businesses, the receiver of your communication is always a caveman!
You should incorporate this in your communication and your web design, to get better results.
Two tools in behavioral design and nudging are boost and friction. You boost the action you want your customers to do, and you can make other actions harder to do. This way the tools are great.
But sometimes you unintendedly have friction on your website or in your webshop. Frictions sometimes appear because you didn’t think your customer’s journey through.
- If you ask for a lot of input in your shop, you might lose users visiting from smartphones, explains Jens Balle. Therefore you need to think like a caveman and remember to try to keep things in System 1.
System 1 is a way of thinking or making decisions, conned by Nobel-laureate Daniel Kahneman. This is the system we use the most, because it requires very little energy, and works very fast. But System 1 requires a frictionless environment, or else System 2 is put in use, which can result in the customer disappearing.
The friction can also appear because of a lack of testing your content in different browsers. Browsers and CMS might change over time, thus causing your website to look weird.
- Many companies link to their page on social media like LinkedIn and Facebook, explains Jens Balle. If someone clicks that link on their smartphone, they will most likely see your page in an in-app browser, which might affect the appearance of your page.
Public speaker and consultant
For more than 20 years Jens Balle has been a public speaker on behavioral sciences. He gives lectures and talks on nudging, behavioral design, and even investment psychology. Now he is ready to guide web designers and web managers to better conversions by using behavioral science in their work.
- I bring updated knowledge of behavioral design and how we make decisions which you can use in your work on websites or webshops, says Jens Balle.
A talk by Jens Balle will give you new inspiration and knowledge you can use in your daily work with your online presence. You get insights and tools and walk away with a to-do list of ideas to continue improving your results.